The double pipe heat exchanger is most important system to transfer equipments, It has to bring together of a regular metal pipe and standardized return bends, the latter equipped with stuffing boxes.
Double Pipe Heat Exchanger Advantages
- It is extremely easy to build and easy of operation. Its handle differential thermal expansions by the constructions of hairpin type components.
- The make use of of longitudinal finned tubes, will having a low heat transfer coefficient.
- Easy to cleaning, maintenance, repair.
- Shortened delivery times can result from the use of stock components that can be assembled into standard sections.
- Modular design allows for the addition of sections at a later time or the rearrangement of sections for new services.
- Simple construction leads to ease of cleaning inspection and tube element replacement.
Double Pipe Heat Exchanger Disadvantages
- Hairpin sections are specifically intended units which are generally not built to any manufacturing industry standard other than ASME Code. However, TEMA tolerances are normally incorporated wherever applicable.
- Various hairpin sections are not at all times cost-effectively competitive with a distinct shell and tube heat exchanger.
- Proprietary closure design requires special gaskets.